- 100g cashew peanut butter
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 wholewheat egg noodles nests
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (deseeded if you don’t like it too hot)
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1cm-thick strips
- 120g thin-stemmed broccoli, halved
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 20g unsalted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- red onion
- In a small bowl, mix together the cashew butter with the soy sauce and 100ml water. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles following pack instructions for just cooked, then drain and refresh in a bowl of cold water until needed.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and chilli, and fry for 2 mins until softened and aromatic.
- Add the chicken, red onion and broccoli to the wok. Fry, stirring frequently, for 5-6 mins until all are tender. Drain the noodles and add them to the wok along with the carrot. Toss everything together well with a pair of tongs so that the noodles are heated through. Take the pan off the heat and stir through the cashew sauce.
- Serve immediately, topped with the cashew nuts and spring onions.