2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
400g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2cm pieces
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 lb. baby bella (button) mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/2 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
800ml chicken stock
2 tsp. dijon mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tbsp. sour cream, plus more for serving
2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
1. Prepare egg noodles according to package instructions and toss with butter while still hot.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable oil. Add chicken and sear 8 to 10 minutes, until golden on all sides, and season with salt and pepper. Work in batches if needed. Remove chicken and place in a large bowl.
3. Lower heat to medium and add one tablespoon oil. Add mushrooms and cook until golden and tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from skillet and place in bowl with chicken.
4. Add remaining oil and onion. Cook until softened, 6 minutes. Add garlic and thyme cook until fragrant, 2 minutes more. Stir in broth, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer.
5. In a small bowl, whisk some of the hot broth into your cornstarch. Stir into broth along with reserved chicken and mushrooms and continue to simmer until thickened by about half, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Spoon chicken mixture over prepared egg noodles and garnish with a dollop of sour cream and parsley.