NAME : Jody Rosslee
PROFESSION: Chef and Thermomix Consultant
1. How do you live your passion for food?
Family and good food are the essence of what I am about. After many years in corporate I returned to my first love, cooking delicious food. Its my greatest pleasure to have friends and family around the table and to teach people how easy it is to cook wholesome food. It’s not about being a masterchef but about being true to what you love.
2. Who is your inspiration when it comes to cooking?
It’s so easy to reach for a take away and I have always wanted to show people that it’s just as easy to make something that’s healthy and delicious and best of all quick. I love sourcing local produce and trying new dishes. We have the most amazing ingredients on our doorstep and you don’t have to break the bank to cook up something exceptional.
3. What are your other passions, besides food?
My family, two legged and four are my greatest love. We love kite boarding and spend a lot of time chasing the wind. I am also passionate about Thermomix. It’s the most amazing piece of kitchen equipment and it has helped us change lives.
4. Do you do the cooking at home? All the time
5. What is your regular comfort meal?
There is nothing better than a delicious eggs benedict on smoked salmon with homemade hollandaise sauce
6. Favourite restaurant?
We are always hunting for new places to go and the tasting menu at Chefs Warehouse never disappoints
7. Place in the world?
Nothing like home – Cape Town has something for everyone
8. Thing to do in your free time?
Between 2 kids, 3 dogs and adventure loving husband, the cooking school and Thermomix fill my days and evenings. In my free time my favorite place is in my kitchen trying out some new dishes for my family
9. Words to live by?
I have so much to be appreciative off and one life to live, so don’t waste any time on the things you can not change and embrace the things you can
10. What are your favourite food combinations?
Middle Eastern flavours are what I grew up with and what I cook when I need to remember what’s important
11. Favourite spice to cook with? Cumin, Salt and Pepper
12. In your opinion, what is going to be “the next big thing” in the food world?
Showing our kids where their food comes from and going back to simple healthy organic food.
13. What is your favourite free range chicken recipe that you would like to share with our community? Free range chicken breast fillets are my favorite to cook with. They are so versatile and I can whip up a yummy meal in no time.