- Juice of two lemons
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a large bowl, whisk together everything except for the chicken. Add the chicken and toss with tongs to coat in the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, or at least three hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat a oven-save skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Use tongs to transfer the chicken breasts out of the bowl and into the pan, reserving the marinade. Let cook for two or three minutes per side, until nice and browned.
- Pour the reserved marinade into the pan and spoon the sauce onto the chicken. Turn off the stove, and use oven mitts to transfer the pan to the pre-heated oven.
- Let cook in oven for 15-20 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken breasts), or until cooked through.