Original article: http://www.picknpay.co.za/recipe-search-results/best-braaied-chicken
Written by: Pick n Pay
Time: less than 1 hour
- 1 8 piece chicken braai pack
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 finely chopped cloves
- 30ml tomate sauce
- 30ml mild peri-peri sauce
- 125ml chutney
- 15ml worcestershire sauce
- 60ml apple or orange juice
- Perheat over to 180°C
- Cut three deep slits into the thickest part of each chicken piece (this helps it to cook faster and the flavour to penetrate).
- Season chicken and roast for 25 minutes or microwave in ihgh for 10-15 minutes, or unitl just cooked through.
- Remove chicken and strain off excess liquid.
- Mix basting sauce ingredients together and pour over chicken.
- Braai chicken over medium coals, turning regularly, basting with remaining sauce until well browned and slightly charred.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.