Original Article: https://gimmedelicious.com/2017/11/10/easy-20-minute-butter-chicken/
Written By: Gimme Delicious – Layla
Quick 20-minute butter chicken is creamy and packed full of flavor. It’s simplified and cooked all in one pan and goes great with a side of rice or naan!
Easy 20 Minute Butter Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely minced or grated (or use paste)
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely minced or crushed
- 1 ½ pounds about 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ¾-inch chunks
- 1 can 6 oz. tomato paste (or 8-10 oz can of tomato sauce)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or paprika, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek I use powder, but seeds or mustard seeds can be used too, optional*
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream sub for half & half or yogurt for low fat
- Hot cooked rice and naan for serving
Heat a large skillet or medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and onions and cook onions down until lightly golden, about 3-4 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and let cook for 30 seconds, stirring so it doesn’t burn.
Add the chicken, tomato paste, and spices. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until everything is cooked through.
Add the heavy cream and simmer for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve over Basmati rice or with naan.