Recipe found on : www.opensourcecook.com
YOU WILL NEED:
- 10 corn flour tortillas, diced
- 3-4 cups cooked, diced Elgin Free Range Chickens chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. gluten-free flour mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 bullion cubes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup of diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease your pan.
- Mix chicken, tortillas and 1 cup cheese. Pour into greased pan.
- Microwave water and bullion cubes for 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring halfway through.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add bullion mixture and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream, onions and bell peppers. Do not bring to boil, you don’t want curdled sour cream.
- Pour over the chicken mixture and stir. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes. Once done, sprinkle cheese over casserole and return to the oven. Turn off the oven and leave in until all the cheese is melted. If you want to brown the cheese, turn the oven to grill for 3 minutes.