Sharee Hill’s Apricot and Ginger Glazed Chicken Skewers
Recipe found on : www.foodista.com and loaded by : Sheree Hill
You will need :
2 Elgin Free Range Chickens Skinless chicken breast fillets, diced.
½ tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
½ cup apricot preserves
2 and ½ tablespoons pure honey
7 large garlic cloves finely chopped (minced)
1 and ½ teaspoon ground ginger
3 teaspoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
1. First, marinade the chicken. When adding salt and pepper to the chicken as part of the marinade, sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly over the chicken.
2. Next, add the chicken to the skewer sticks. I put four pieces of chicken on each skewer. (Make sure to soak wooden skewers for at least five minutes before adding the chicken to the skewers to prevent the skewers from burning and catching fire during the cooking process.)
3. Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours if you can. (If you have the time, the longer you marinade the chicken the better.)
4. When ready to cook the chicken, remove the chicken from the fridge and let the chicken sit for at least five to ten minutes.
5. While the chicken is resting to come to room temperature for even cooking, make the sauce. In a small sauce pan, add all of the sauce ingredients. Use medium low heat, and heat the sauce. Stir the sauce until well blended. Cook the sauce for about 2 to 3 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cook the chicken skewers on a hot grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until the inside of the chicken is no longer pink.
7. When ready to serve the skewers, spoon the sauce onto the chicken skewers.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens Total Time: 1 hr 10 min Prep: 25 min Inactive: 30 min Cook: 15 min Yield:6 servings Level:Intermediate Ingredients 1 cup packed cilantro leaves, plus extra for serving 1/4 cup lime juice, about 2 limes 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth 3 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces 2 cloves […]
YOU WILL NEED: 1 whole Free Range chicken 1 onion, cut into 8ths Fresh herbs – thyme, rosemary – about 10 grams of each Small knob of butter 1 lemon, quartered 1 lemon for juice Ina paarmen – chicken spice – enough to sprinkle over the chicken Salt and pepper Olive oil PREPARATION: Pre […]